Prepares bills of ladings and various legal documents used for commercial truck shipments. Weighs trucks entering and/or leaving MLCO. Manage and maintain efficient and orderly work environment while working safely. Communicates information effectively between operations, logistics, and QC departments as it relates to commercial trucks.
Process bills of lading and weighs trucks entering and/or leaving plant area.
Takes orders from customers who call to place an order during non-office hours. Coordinate logistics of the entire ordering process-contact sales, trucking company, and customer as it relates to the order. Must communicate effectively.
Inspects required trailers to verify they are clean before sending into plant for loading.
Serves as primary base station for the Company’s two-way radio communication system and incoming calls during non-office hours.
Maintains an accurate and updated log on specific trucks doing business with MLCO.
Assures that visitors, truck drivers and contractors have completed Hazard Recognition safety training before entering the plant. Temporarily provides Personal Protective Equipment to those entering the plant and demonstrates the correct usage of such equipment.
Provides truck drivers/customers with Export Papers, Safety Data Sheets and freight-specific Bills Of Lading in certain circumstances.
Dispatch trucks accurately and efficiently into plant area, balancing the number of trucks to loadout areas so as to minimize demurrage. Monitor systematic process of loads keeping contact with companies, the Lab, and Supervisors/Loadermen on truck status (i.e. Specialty Minerals).
Communicate with Lab for proper paperwork required by truckers, i.e. C.O.A.(Certificate of Analysis) and HELOS test results.
Continuously monitor and update shipping procedures for most efficient operation. Likewise, continuously understand products, product changes, customer requirements, and demands.
Contact Emergency Services (fire, ambulance, and or law enforcement) at request of plant supervisors and coordinate their movement to desired locations in the plant.
Assist plant load outs to prepare Bill of Lading and other documentation if they are equipped to ship orders directly from their load out.
Infrequent duties performed on an “as required” basis:
* Performs MSHA Hazard safety training and distribute safety equipment.
* Receives all waste slips and forwards to Purchasing Manager.
* Assist all contractors doing work in the plant when they fill out the “Contractor Register”.
* Contacts appropriate contractor for snow removal or sanding of roadways.
* Logs in and out all Company plant and office keys issued during non-office hours.
* Log deliveries of waste trucks and arrival for pickup for Beelman Trucking Company.
* Assist Trucking Company dispatchers in locating and relaying messages to driver.
* Run checklist for some dispatchers on loads being picked up.
* Perform Shipping function for terminal orders through ADAGE.
* Record and monitor product returns in ADAGE for proper credit.